Pain Management for Sciatica Nerve Pain
The sciatic is made up of five nerves that run from your lower back down into your legs. When the sciatic nerves get pinched or pressed, you experience what is called sciatica. Sciatica is nerve pain from an irritation to the sciatic nerve. Our pain management physician group can help relieve your sciatica nerve pain.
Symptoms of Sciatica
The symptoms of sciatica include:
- Mild to severe pain in lower back, buttock and down your leg
- Numbness in your lower back, buttock, leg or feet
- Weakness in your lower back, buttocks, leg, or feet
- Constant feeling of “pins and needles” in your legs, toes or feet
- Loss of bowel and bladder control (in more severe cases)
Causes of Sciatica Nerve Pain
Sciatica can be caused by different medical conditions including:
- Herniated disc
- Slipped disc
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Trauma to the lower back
Sciatica Nerve Pain Treatment
If you have sciatica, pain management can help. Our pain management physicians have the experience to properly treat sciatica. We look for conservative treatments first. Those include:
- Medication management
- Physical therapy
- Steroid injections
If conservative pain management treatments are not working then surgery may be recommended.
Schedule an Appointment
The Pain Treatment Institute is accepting new patients. If you are experiencing sciatica nerve pain, our pain management physicians can help. You can contact us to schedule an appointment. We are accepting new patients.