Pain Management for Joint Pain
Healthy joints are vital to keep you mobile and active. They allow you to bend, reach, and walk. Pain in your joints can inhibit those natural movements and keep you from performing your daily routines. Pain can also be an indicator of a more severe condition.
Types of Joint Pain
There are two primary types of joint pain: Injury related joint pain and disease related joint pain.
Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain has several causes, including:
- Arthritis: inflammation of the joints, causing pain and stiffness
- Bursitis: inflammation of the sacs that cushion your bones
- Disease: joint pain can be symptomatic of conditions like Lyme disease and lupus
- Infection: bacteria can enter the joint damaging the bone and cartilage
- Injury: dislocations force bones out of position
Whatever the cause, our pain management physician group can help. We offer the latest techniques in treating pain.
Treating Joint Pain with Pain Management
We offer non-surgical treatment options for joint pain. Based on the cause of joint pain, our treatments may include:
- Physical therapy
- Medication management